Here is very basic recipe of burger patties made from Chicken Mince, this recipe is from the famous Pakistani chef, Shireen Anwer’s book.
I tried it out yesterday and I found it out to be a really simple one. The best thing about this recipe is that the patties can be frozen and kept for several weeks in the freezer and can be taken out whenever required.
I fried a few of them again in the morning and put them in buns and made quick burgers for my kids’ lunchboxes. Do try out the recipe and let me know how you liked it!
What You Will Need Is:
Chicken mince 1/2 kg
Ginger / garlic paste 1 tsp
Salt to tasteBlack pepper crushed 3/4 tsp
Worcestershire sauce 1 tbsp
Thyme powder 1/2 tsp
Oregano powder 1/2 tsp
Egg beaten 1
Bread slice 1
Milk 1/4 cup
For the Batter:
Flour 3 tbsp
Water as required
Corn flour 1 tbsp
Baking powder 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Black pepper powder 1/2 tsp
Dry self raising flour to coat as required
How To Make Dry Self Raising flour: 1 cup plain flour (Maida) + 1 tsp baking powder + 1/4 to 1/2 tsp salt. Mix all 3 ingredients, store in an airtight jar. Use this in any recipe that requires self raising flour.
What You Will Do Is:
- Put chicken mince in chopper with ginger garlic paste and chopperize.
- Now add salt, black pepper, sauces, thyme, oregano, beaten egg, bread slice and milk.
- Mix all of them very well together with your hands.
- Now shape them into thick or thin kebabs as required.
- Dip in prepared batter and then roll them in the self raising flour you have prepared.
- Keep all patties on a tray and freeze.
- Once set, fill up a box of them and take out when needed.
- Shallow fry and then toss them in a bun.
- Add cucumber slices, tomato chunks, sliced onions, grated cheese or whatever you wish to add to give your burger a richer taste.
For Batter, mix together flour, corn flour, baking powder, salt, black pepper and make into a thick batter with water.