Made some spicy fried potatoes as evening snack today and thought of sharing this awesome recipe with you all!
A very simple and quick to follow recipe with basic ingredients that you will find in your kitchen at all times, this recipe of spicy potatoes has been developed by myself, with a little bit of tidbits from my mom and elsewhere 🙂
What you will need:
- Potatoes boiled 250 gm
- Curry leaves 11
- Oil 1/4 cup
- Tamarind pulp 2 tbsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Chaat masala 1 tsp
- Red pepper 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves chopped 2 tbsp
- Red Kashmiri Chillies Paste 1 tbsp heaped (To make this paste, soak Kashmiri chillies in white vinegar and lemon juice for few hours, then blend all of them together to make a smooth paste)
Also learn how to make South Asian style mince samosas!
What you will do:
- Heat oil, put curry leaves, along with potato chunks and fry them for a minute.
- Add all the spices, tamarind pulp, salt and Red Kashmiri Chillies paste on top and stir fry. until the potato chunks are coated completely and uniformly with them.
- Then sprinkle coriander leaves and remove from stove.
- Serve hot.
Isn’t that a very easy recipe of a light evening snack and savoury? Try this instant recipe of spicy fried potatoes and believe me, it is going to be a big hit in your family!