Last Sunday I made Russian Rice, the recipe of which I am sharing with you here. Its a very simple-to-make dish, which is one of the best things about it, others being its yummy taste, awesome presentation style and a favorite of kids for they love the designs on top.
This Russian Rice is loved by my kids and they pick up the bottle of ketchup themselves and write their names upon the tray, sometimes they show their artistic skills over them and draw stars and moon or a happy, smiling face on top of the rice 🙂 I will share with you pics of those also someday!
So here goes the recipe:
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
For the chicken filling:
Chicken Boneless 1/2 kg
Green Capsicum 1 big (cut into tiny pieces)
Green Onion 10 strands (cut finely)
Fresh Coriander Leaves 1 bunch (cut finely)
Yogurt 3 tbsp
Ginger Garlic Paste 1 tsp
Green Chilies chopped 1 tbsp
Black pepper 1/2 tsp
Soy sauce 2 tsp
Chinese Salt 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Rice 1 1/2 cups soaked and drained and then boiled
Oil 2 tbsp
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Follow these instructions to prepare Russian Rice:
- Wash chicken boneless, cut it into small cubes and keep for boiling.
- Add all the spices, ginger garlic paste, green chilies chopped and yogurt to it and let it cook.
- As chicken gets tender very quickly, increase the heat so excess water from the yogurt burns quickly.
- Add capsicum pieces to it and stir.
- As soon as water finishes, turn off the stove.
- Now add in finely cut green onion and coriander and stir the filling really well. Your chicken filling is ready and this is how it will look:
- Now take a flat dish and lay the chicken filling at the base. Top it up with boiled rice.
- Heat up oil in a small pan and garnish the rice.
- Now take some ketchup in a squeezer bottle and make any design or write anything you want with ketchup. Be creative – place your child’s name or even a greeting like Happy Birthday or Eid Mubarak 🙂
So a yummylicious tray of Russian Rice is ready for you to serve to your guests or family.
Now wasn’t that a very simple recipe that can be prepared instantly in no time? Do try it out and let me know your feedback about it. Thanks!