Here’s a very easypeasy recipe by Shireen Anwer of making this winter sogaat (Gur papdi) at home. Its very simple to make, just follow the steps accordingly…
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
Goond 50g (or gum)
Wheat flour 200g
Cardamom powder 1 tsp
Fennel seed powder 1 tsp
Poppy seed 50g
Fennel seed 1 tsp
Coconut 2 tbsp
Jaggery (Gur) 200g
Pistachio 2 tbsp
Almond 2 tbsp
WHAT YOU WILL DO :
- In a pan heat 100g ghee and fry goond very carefully.
- Chop fried goond in chopper.
- Put 100g ghee in the same pan and add wheat flour, cook for 10 minutes till colour changes.
- Add the chopped gum and mix well, add poppy seeds, jaggery (gur), fennel seeds, cardamom powder, half of the almonds, pistachios and coconut.
- Mix well and remove from stove.
- Take out in a dish or plate and garnish with remaining almonds, pistachio and coconut.
- Let it dry and set for some time.
- Cut into square pieces and serve.
You can view the whole video here : https://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/13018/gur-papri-by-shireen-anwer/