So here I am trying out this perfect recipe of moist chocolate cup cakes by Shireen Anwer, for my kids. Chocolate cupcakes or muffins are my family’s favourite and I find it a perfect item to be given in their lunch boxes each morning.
This recipe of moist chocolate cupcakes for kids by Shireen Anwer was passed on to me by my friend and I am really grateful to her, as it makes the most moist and the yummmmieeest cupcakes. I prefer keeping them plain as you can see for I usually store a few for giving my kids as snacks in school but you can decorate them with butter cream icing or chocolate ganache if you like – that’s totally up to you! I am sharing with you the recipe but first…
A FEW TIPS BEFORE YOU BEGIN!
- This recipe for chocolate cupcakes for kids can be tried out in the microwave or the oven, whatever pleases you 🙂 The picture above is the result from an oven, though!
- Serve them instantly or keep them in an air tight box for eating later, but make sure to cool them off before storing.
- You can sprinkle colorful smarties or apply frosting upon these chocolate muffins, whatever pleases you. I keep them plain many a times because the weather is hot here and the cream and frosting may go bad or runny with the heat.
- I usually let cupcakes bake half way through, then I open my oven and sprinkle chocolate chips (either brown or white) or assorted cake sprinklers on top of the cup cakes and then let them bake until they are ready. This allows the sprinklers to get settled on the top surface. Make sure your kids are well out of reach and away from the kitchen before you attempt to do this!
- If you prefer chocolate cream or butter frosting, you can either make it on your own or buy it ready made and ice and decorate your cupcakes after they are out of the oven and cooled down totally. These make ideal desserts to be served at kids’ parties.
Now here’s the recipe…
Preparation Time: 15 min
Baking Time: 10 – 15 minutes
What you will need is:
White Flour 1 1/2 cups
Sugar 1 1/2 cups
Cocoa Powder 4 tbsp heaped
Oil or Butter 3/4 cup
Baking Powder 1 tsp
Water 1 cup
Vanilla Essence 1 tsp
What you will do is:
1. In a dish, measure and sift white flour along with baking powder and cocoa powder. Keep the dish aside.
2. Arrange cupcake liners in two trays of 12 muffin slots of regular size. Keep this dish aside. This recipe will make 24 standard sized chocolate muffins.
3. Take a mixing bowl and add oil or butter to it. Beat with an electric beater for a few minutes.
4. Keep beating and add eggs, one by one to the bowl. Also add water and keep beating continuously.
5. Now add sugar, 1 tbsp each every time. Keep beating on high until sugar finishes.
6. Now lower the speed of the beater and start adding the flour mixture that you had kept aside in step 1. Add a tablespoon each every time and keep beating until the whole mixture has been added.
7. A consistent brown batter will be now in front of you. Add vanilla essence and then fill in the muffin trays that you had prepared in step 2.
8. Keep for baking in a preheated oven at 180 degrees. It will take around 10 minutes for the chocolate muffins to be ready.
9. Take out the trays and the muffins and keep them to cool.
10. Eat and enjoy 🙂
Let me know how you found out this recipe of Moist Chocolate Cup Cake by Shireen Anwer. Do try it out, I am sure your kids will like it too… after all, all kids love chocolate, don’t they??