We were in the mood of having a desi bun kabab, and I tried out this recipe for simple basic bun kabab along with its complimenting chutneys… and it came out to be super yummmm..
What You Will Need Is:
Gram lentil (chanay ki daal) 1 cup (Soak for a few hours or overnight)
Red whole chilies 8 – 10
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Garlic cloves 3 -4/1 tbsp
Ginger 1 tbsp
Onion 1 medium sized
Salt 1 tsp
Khatai powder 1 1/2 tsp
Chat masala 1 1/2 tsp
Garam masala 1 tsp
Eggs 2 beaten
Burger buns 4
Onion sliced to put in the bun
For the kababs, you have to:
- Boil potatoes, mash them and keep aside.
- Keep the lentils on boil, along with onion, whole red chilies, cumin seeds, ginger and garlic till tender.
- Dry all the remaining water and then chopper to obtain a smooth paste.
- Add in mashed potatoes, salt, khatai powder, chat masala and garam masala.
- Mix well with hands and sprinkle some fresh corriander leaves if you wish to.
- Shape them like a kabab or patty.
- Dip them in beaten egg and deep/shallow fry.
For chutney, you will need :
Mint leaves 1 cup
Tamarind pulp 1/4 cup
Salt to taste
Green whole chilies 2 -3
Sugar 2 tsp
Chat masala 2 tsp
Yogurt 1 cup
Blend all these ingredients in a blender until a smooth paste is obtained.
To Assemble the bun kabab:
- Toast the buns from both sides.
- Spread the yogurt chutney on all sides.
- Place the fried kabab on top.
- You can also place a fried egg over the kabab.
- Now add onion slices over that.
- Toss the top of the bun and enjoy.
You can also keep the kabab and bun separately as shown in the picture above.