Here’s an easy peasy way to make Pakistani style fried vegetable sabzi by Shireen Anwer, I have made a few changes though to suit the needs and tastes of my own family, here’s my own version 🙂
What you will need is:
Brinjal (cut into cubes) 1
Capsicum (cut into cubes) 1
Potatoes (cut into cubes) 2
Onion sliced 2
Carrots (cut into cubes) 1 small
Tomatoes sliced 4
Corriander leaves fresh few
Peas ½ cup
Oil ¾ cup
Turmeric ½ tsp
Chili powder 2 tsp
All spice ½ tsp
Salt 1 ½ tsp
Garlic paste 1 ½ tsp
What you will do is:
- Fry onion in a wok until golden brown.
- Next add tomatoes and garlic paste. Stir until tomatoes are a little tender.
- Add potato cubes, cauliflower and brinjal chunks in it along with all spices listed above. Stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add a little water and let cook so the veges you have already added become a little tender.
- Next add remaining veges, that is capsicum and carrots in the wok and stir to mix well.
- Cover the lid of the wok and let cook for some time, untill all the veges are soft and tender. make sure water is dried up.
- Garnish with green chillies and corriander leaves.
- Open the lid and serve.