Nihari has been an all time favourite item for almost all of us and in this weather, having some spicy nihari with garam garam tandoor ki roti in breakfast or dinner is reallllly something… Spicy Chicken Nihari is very easy and quick to make and you can prepare this dish in almost half an hour, here’s the recipe for it:
What You Will Need:
Chicken 1 kg (12 pieces)
Shan Nihari packet 1
Oil 5 tbsp
Ginger 1 small piece (cut into thin juveniles)
Plain flour 4 tbsp
Water as much needed
Oil 2 tbsp
Ginger juveniles few
Corriander leaves 1/2 cup (cut finely)
Mint leaves 1/4 cup (cut finely)
Green chilies few (cut finely)
What You Will Do:
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add chicken pieces and ginger juveniles and stir fry.
- Now add Shan Masala packet and fry for a few minutes.
- Add water and let it cook until chicken gets tender and oil comes on the surface.
- Now separately make a paste out of flour and water.
- Add this flour paste to thicken the gravy in the Nihari.
- Let cook for 5 more minutes on low flame.
- Heat oil in a frying pan for garnish, add corriander and mint leaves and green chilies. Pour this over the Nihari.
- Dish out nihari from the pan and serve while hot, with tandoor roti.
Wasn’t it very easy and quick to make Spicy Chicken Nihari? Do try it out and let me know how you liked it 🙂