To make and freeze your own Chicken Mince Kebabs is easy and convenient… believe me, just take them out and shallow fry them and they are ready to be served directly. Put it in your kids lunch boxes early in the morning or your tiffin at your workplace, to your hubby dear or just serve it to your guests.
Ways To Use Frozen Kebabs: One best thing about these chicken mince kebabs is that they can be served in a variety of ways, this is one reason why I really like to keep a few with me at all times. Some of the options are:
- Have them directly with some tamarind sauce.
- Put them in a bun and place salad leaves, cucumber slices and apply ketchup to make chicken burgers.
- Flatten them as you fry and make some fried vegetables along side to serve, with french fries. Kids love these too!
- Make ‘instant’ kebab sandwiches and keep them with you while going out for shopping or any outing. These will come in handy once your child is hungry or you feel like having a small tuck-in.
This is one of the best options for those living abroad, especially since Halal food is not easily available there. So while you go out for a round of shopping spree or into any fun place, you can fill up a box of burgers or sandwiched instantly and take them along with you.
My recipe to making chicken mince kebabs is my very own 🙂 that I am sharing with you here… My mom used to make them and I took the initial recipe from her but then changed it a bit to suit my own needs and tantalize the taste buds of my little ones! Here it goes…
What You Will Need:
Chicken Mince 1/2 kg
Bread Slices 4 (soaked in water and squeezed)
Red pepper 1 tsp
Soy Sauce 1 tbsp
Cumin Seed (roasted and crushed) 1/2 tsp
Green chillies chopped 1 tsp
Ginger Garlic paste 1 tsp
All spices powdered 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Chinese Salt 1 tsp
Fresh Corriander leaves shredded
What You Will Do is:
- Wash the chicken mince and add bread slices. Let it drain to squeeze out excess water.
- Now mix the bread with the mince with your hands.
- Add all the above mentioned spices, soy sauce and salt except the bread crumbs. Also sprinkle corriander leaves.
- Mix them all really very well to obtain a marinated chicken mince.
- Keep this aside for an hour.
- Now with the help of bread crumbs, roll them into rounds or flatten them, as you desire. This is how mines look.
- Spread them evenly in a tray and keep them in the freezer for at least an hour.
- Now take them out if the tray and fill them in an airtight box and keep them in a freezer.
To Use them, just take out the box from the freezer and keep for thaw. Once done, dip them in a beaten egg and shallow fry. Your chicken mince frozen kebabs are ready to be used.
Serve them any way you like, I have already given a few suggestions above 🙂
Do try out this recipe and let me know if you found it useful.