Who doesn’t like the rich aroma of hot brewing coffee? But have you ever tried having it chilled?
Most people have never even tried this way but believe me, it’s one of the most awesome recipes of chilled cold coffee with chocolate icecream that you are going to find out now. I learnt this one from my mother who has been making this drink since I was young. Now I make it sometimes in my own kitchen and my family loves it too 🙂
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
Milk 1/2 litre
Fresh Cream (optional) 1 tbsp
Coffee 1 tbsp
Sugar 1 – 2 tbsp (according to taste)
Cornflour powder 1/2 tsp (dissolved in a little amount of milk)
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Keep the milk to boil. Add sugar and keep stirring to dissolve sugar cubes.
- Add coffee and stir for two minutes until it starts boiling.
- Add cornflour paste in hot milk while still on stove and stir so that the coffee thickens.
- Allow this to cool by placing in the fridge.
- Add cream to it and stir.
- Now fill the coffee into glasses and put in a scoop of chocolate icecream on top.
- Place a long spoon and a straw in the glass
Variation: You can put vanilla icecream if you want and also, you can decrease the amount of coffee to suit your taste.
You must be thinking that this weather is not at all suitable for having any thing chilled, right? It must be freezing outside but what about within our homes. We have our heaters on and are all cuddled up in blankets and feeling warm altogether. Now is the perfect moment to enjoy a chilled cold coffee with a scoop of your favourite chocolate icecream.